Remember the first time that you saw some guy using a program that you normally use but that person was doing stuff really fast and efficiently?
I experienced that recently when I sent some time doing code a walk through with some programmers. All I would see is three fingers hitting the keyboard and up comes a pop up to find a file, or class declaration ….
So here are some shortcuts have I found the most useful so far:
- New to eclipse and have no idea were to find short cuts
Ctrl+Shift+L (a shortcut to show you a list of shortcuts)
- Looking for a particular file while working with a lot of packages / projects / files:
- Reading through code for the very first time and need to look at a declaration of some variable or class:
Select the variable and then F3 or Ctrl + left-click
- Need to know where a method is being called in a project:
Select the method and then Ctrl+Shift+G
- Incremental Search (search as you type):
Ctrl+J then start typing. Pressing Ctrl+J to find next occurrence
- Go directly to a member (method, variable) of a huge class file
- Useful links:
PDF containing shortcuts
10 time-saving techniques in Eclipse IBM ID required to view